Pages

About Me

My photo
Charlotte, NC, United States
God first life second. I am 37 years old. I am a author and poetess.

Friday, December 18, 2009

Real Ministry with VeeVeca- Children are a gift

Exhortation: News – Children are a gift (True news story attached)

Not every story in the news is worth reading. But today, I just read the news below and I conflicted.. I was a single parent with a dead beat dad. Lord knows, I know all about that. But somewhere between me being the single parent and my exhusband being a dead beat dad, are the children that still need encouragement, discipline, love, tenderness, direction and assortment of life skills just to make it in this world. Somewhere the mission of being a parent gets lost between ‘all I gotta do' and ‘all he ain't doing' that the child or children are lost. And right now, I am sad for the little boy in this story. I don't know the inside story, but for a 4 year old child to go to this extreme just to see his daddy somebody (one or both of the parents) have fallen off the mission of being a parent. Children belong to God first then God trust them to individuals to parent. I pray right now in the name of Jesus and the power of God that every person that has a child become more sensitive to the need and needs of that child. Children are a gift.

Real Ministry:

Veca



Beer-buzzed boy, 4, wanted to visit jailed dad
Mom says he got drunk, stole girl's dress because he 'wants to go to jail'
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34465839/ns/us_news-weird_news/?gt1=43001

updated 4:18 p.m. ET, Thurs., Dec . 17, 2009


CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. - Tennessee investigators say a 4-year-old boy was found roaming his neighborhood in the night, drinking beer and wearing a little girl's dress taken from under a neighbor's Christmas tree.
The child's mother, 21-year-old April Wright, told WTVC-TV that the boy "wants to go to jail because that's where his daddy is."
Wright said she and the boy's father are going though a divorce.

The boy, found outside his house in Chattanooga on Tuesday, was taken to a hospital and treated for alcohol consumption.
Hamilton County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Janice Atkinson said the incident is being investigated but the department declined to release the report.
The boy's mother said she met with child protective services and was told she will get to keep custody of her son.

No comments:

Post a Comment