Pages

About Me

My photo
Charlotte, NC, United States
God first life second. I am 37 years old. I am a author and poetess.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Exhortation with VeeVeca-More than an Image


Exhortation: The Secret: More than an Image

When you look at yourself in the mirror, what do you see? Do you smile lovingly at yourself and declare, "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." [Psalms 139:14] Are you smiling at yourself showing all of your beautiful teeth? Or, do you look at yourself distastefully with a growl and a heavy burden of dissatisfaction? This is your body, your temple, and you hate it.

Today, millions of people woke up without the secret. What secret is that? Glad you asked. The secret is this– You are more than an image.

From clay to egg to development, you were created by God in the image of himself. Your eyes, your nose, your ears and even the way your smile twitches when you laugh. It’s his mark of identity that claims you as his own. What if the twitch was God’s way of identifying you amongst all of his children?



Imagine this, we are in heaven. God calls for you, but he doesn’t call you by
your birth name. Rather, the father calls you by the birth mark. The very
identification imprint that he gave to distinguish you from all the rest. Dare
you believe that God is smarter than a fifth grader!
The Almighty Father made
the human frame and perfected genes and hormones, marrow and bones to come
together to construct a perfect you, in his own image.

The father calls out, "Twitch, where are you?" He looks over the whole crowd. His voice is soothing like waves moving in water. "Twitch, I am looking for you."

The children move about in hurried anticipation. Talk about the
old lady in the shoe having so many children she didn’t know what to do. With
God, that’s not a problem. He has many mansions and children to fit them all.
And he knows exactly what to do. "Twitch are you playing hide and
seek?"

You cover your mouth, but it doesn’t completely hide the twitch. No matter what you do the twitch never leaves. It’s your thorn in the flesh and your Achilles heel. You mumble, "Nobody loves how I look, not even me."

God is walking among his children. He sees Big Eyes over there. He smiles. He winks at Full Lips. Then he pats Big Ears on his way. Bald Head tells him a joke and they laugh out loud. Contrary to popular belief, the father loves to laugh with
his children. "Now , Twitch, where are you?" He says recovering from a hardy
laugh.

You hear the father’s voice. Your head hangs low. "If only I didn’t have this twitch," you think silently. Ah... Ah..." You sneeze pushing your head upward and your hands away from your lips.

"Well there you are, child." God’s face gleams with expectancy. "I’ve been looking for you. How are you today?"

What will you say? "Well dad you really screwed up when you made me. See this twitch here... It won’t let me in the right places, meet the best people. It’s sorta like a handicap. A bottle, I can’t unscrew. It’s the ugliest mess I’ve ever seen. I mean really, if I didn’t have this.... I.."

The father stares. "So, let me understand you. The twitch...
that I gave you doesn’t work for your image. It doesn’t profit you in this
world? And basically you are telling me that my craftsmanship of creation
is now unacceptable?"



If you had to stand face to face with God about your twitch, how would you
score?


There are millions of people who hate the skin they are in. Today, consider the maker of your body. God loves you just as you are. He wants you healthy, happy and free. "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth." [3 John 1:2]

No matter the climb or struggle within, trust God with every heavy situation and circumstance. He is still the God of catching cares. His glove is never frayed or broken.

Stay encouraged in the heavy– and move Forward


Real Ministry: VeeVeca VeeVeca Lavoira,Author http://www.verbalconquest.net/
Kind words are short to speak, but their echo lasts forever..."

1 comment:

  1. Face it, we all have issues with our image. But if for a moment we can look beyond the dregs of the it and realize one point: "I am more than a image". We would be much kinder to ourselves and really live life to its fullest.

    ReplyDelete