Pages

About Me

My photo
Charlotte, NC, United States
God first life second. I am 37 years old. I am a author and poetess.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Chasing God Poem by Veca

Chasing God by Veca


Lord, It's me and I am chasing after you

Wherever you go, it's me

following

tagging after

stepping in your shadow

My legs may be fat

My breathing all out of whack

I may even be a lil old

but whatever I have to do

I am chasing

running

even slow jogging- after you

I know you have to go the distance

to reach all of mankind

even those like me-others don't recognize

because we are not so haughty or even high minded

looking unchurched but somehow connected

sometimes in the most un-godly places

but I am chasing after you

running after you -- as fast as I can

following

tagging after

stepping in your shadow

to reach a world shattered by false religions

and stereotypical alibis of what is and what isn't You

Please slow down, Lord

I am chasing after your heart

your will

be done in earth as it is in heaven

even in this place that others think is so not you

I am chasing, running with all my strength~even all my might

to dwell in the secret place of the Most High

forsaking Me for thee

my flesh, desire, temptation

not my will but your will be done

in this place that seems too much for me to bare

I run-- I follow~tagging after

chasing where I end and begin--

I am in the shadow of the Almighty.
 
Verbal conquest © 2010 all rights reserved

1 comment: