Pages

About Me

My photo
Charlotte, NC, United States
God first life second. I am 37 years old. I am a author and poetess.

Monday, March 30, 2009

The Get Back


When you look in the mirror are you full of joy or empty of failed tries of trying to get back into shape? You stare into the image. A mean stomach laughs at you through your nice clothes. Are you like so many saying, "Whose body is this? And do I have to wake up every single day in it?"

What’s up with the hips? The dips in the thighs? Once upon a time, that stomach was rock hard and assumed to live happily ever after. A quick turn in the mirror and you see... back breast, love handles arranged like fresh biscuits, on the area once laid iron board flat.

Unaware to public eye, deep down in the fat chambers below, a thinner chiseled you exists. A plan to fight against the Fat Enemy has begun. It starts out with starvation and then with hard core relentless exercise.

The first five minutes of the walk is a breeze. "I got this. No biggie." Ten minutes pass. A burn surges up your legs. The burn feels like a thousand ants biting into your legs. Intense itching begins. "Do I stop to scratch or ignore it and go on?"
Isn’t it just like life. Just when you are trying to do a good thing, issues come up to make you question your actions. Life starts out on a easy keel but the very next step can be tumultuous.

On my walk into work, I had many thoughts along with hoping that the two mile walk would knock the Fat Enemy out of my ball park. But God reminded me of something else. My motto for 2009– walk with the heavy and keep on moving.
No matter the climb or struggle within, trust God with every heavy situation and circumstance. He is still the God of catching cares. His glove is never broken.

Stay encouraged in the heavy– and move Forward
VeeVeca
http://www.verbalconquest.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment