Pages

About Me

My photo
Charlotte, NC, United States
God first life second. I am 37 years old. I am a author and poetess.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Kind of Serenity

My Kind of Serenity
"God grant me the SERENITY to ACCEPT the things I cannot CHANGE
COURAGE to CHANGE
the things I can
and WISDOM to know the DIFFERENCE!"
When I can’t see the forest from the trees
I fall... Good God Almighty to my knees
to you I call
It’s DEEP dooown in my soul
that your face I long to hold
that gives me strength when times get so hard and rough
on the days, when I feel no ways tough
when SERENITY ~seem farthest away
ACCEPTANCE so far at bay
that I can’t see the FOREST FROM THE TREES
Good God Almighty "IS THIS INSECURITY
that makes me feel without Courage...hmmmm
Wisdom and my my my YOUR KIND OF STRENGTH
when I’ve gone the distance and treaded the length
when my legs can’t bend
and prayers TOO blocked to be sent
somehow .. Someway
If you have to REACH WAY DOWN
I know you will be found
walking with me in the DAYS OF DARKNESS
and SHADOWS OF DEATH
when I don’t have nothing left
I realize then~~~ that I have it ALL
and it’s~ YOU~ that I call
when I can’t see the Forest from the TREES
as yet again, I CRAWL onto my knees
For the SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS...
I CANNOT CHANGE
COURAGE... TO CHANGE THE THINGS I CAN
and to finally have the WISDOM to know the Difference
Thank you my kind of ... SERENITY.
© Verbal Conquest

No comments:

Post a Comment