Pages

About Me

My photo
Charlotte, NC, United States
God first life second. I am 37 years old. I am a author and poetess.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Real Ministry with VeeVeca- CHANGE in Broke Times


Change in Broke Times

Bad news is electric. It comes on fast and before you can tell it, it’s on! In every neighborhood, there are problems. Every family is battling some issue. Sisters are broke. Brothers are without jobs. Our very American economy is on vacation without the extra spending cash. So what’s up? What do you do when Everybody is broke and Everybody is having a difficult time. Even the "rescue/help" people in your inner circle are zipping up their pockets to pay their own bills.
How do you not drown in the sorrow of guilt, bills, and despair? Take a look around you and steady yourself. Borrow a line from Medea when the phone rings, "Praise the Lord. Halleuyer. Glory to God. We not in. Leave a message at the sanctified beep. If this is a bill collector I rebuke you in the name of Jesus."
Then laugh out loud.
Honey, I know it’s bad right now. But if you woke up this morning and can read this message, you did one important thing– You showed up for life. That’s right, you showed up for life. Your feet are still underneath you and God is still God. Relax a bit, try hard, and let the Father show out in your life. Grow up, this is not a marathon or a faith microwave fix. It’s hard now and those that have to endure will have to ‘dure the test, as some old folks would say. Roll up your sleeve and steady yourself, God is still working on you... and me.
This morning, I was walking from one side of the building to the other, God showed me the same tree I see everyday as I walk the same path. But there was something different today. This huge tree looked normal but when I passed it ... I saw it– SAW IT. The green leaves were moving sporadically but against the beauty, I saw sections of brown. And at that very moment, I heard it clearly, "I know when to change and how to change."
Although many are struggling, God is aware. Immediately in my mind, I heard Ecclesiastes 3:1– "To every thing there is a season." Now what do we do. "Be strong in the grace that is in God and Christ Jesus. Endure the hardness knowing that God is your ______ and ______. When you know what those blanks are, you will dance again, even in trouble.
No matter the climb or struggle within, trust God with every heavy situation and circumstance. He is still the God of catching cares. His glove is never frayed or broken. Stay encouraged in the heavy– and move Forward

No comments:

Post a Comment