Pages

About Me

My photo
Charlotte, NC, United States
God first life second. I am 37 years old. I am a author and poetess.

Monday, August 3, 2009

Exercise-Love it or Hate it?


BBOF-Building Blocks of Fitness a yahoo group of fitness folks trying (hard as it is) to get right and stay right in health, exercise & nutrition.
-----------------------------------------------------------------


What are your thoughts about exercise? Do you love it or hate it?


VeeVeca's Thoughts on Exercise.... Honestly, I wish I had the body that didn't require extensive exercise or training. If only, I had the genes or hormones of the Bod Gods! Flat in all the right places and perkey in all the other great areas. What a life that would be to never ever... ever have to worry about a dip, a roll, a bulge, or the nemesis-- the scale!


But for the bulge in my middle and the extra servings here and there, I have some challenges before me. But at least....I am blessed to have the mobility to exercise. Because quite honestly it really could be far worse. So I drag myself (literally drag) onto my elllipitical a few times each week, sometimes only for a few minutes at a time and at other times I go in for a full 20 minute program. Aurah!!!


Either way, life is about being healthy and that comes one day-one exercise moment at a time. And never forget-- eating right is the right thing to do. Spluringing should be a limited treat. To splurge once a week or once a month, should be a happy time. However, be careful that you are not living in the splurge of bad eating and choosing to have limited times of good healthy eating.


VeeVeca, BBOF Moderator

2 comments:

  1. As a plus size Diva myself I feel you on this one. Working out has never come easy to me but I need to do more. Just fitting it into my schedule is hard as I juggle work home and kids. But like you I have never had the I don't have to work out body and as I get older I see how my size is about more than me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DeeDee, what girls like us have to do is find a trick that works for us. What I do is get on the ellipitical at home and tell myself that I am just doing 5 minutes. Then sometimes, I'll do it longer. Sometimes I don't. GET THIS: I don't beat myself up anymore for not being a Exercise Champion. My process is this.... something is better than nothing. So honey, keep doing you and the best You will come forth. Peace and Blessings.

    ReplyDelete