Pages

About Me

My photo
Charlotte, NC, United States
God first life second. I am 37 years old. I am a author and poetess.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Weight Wait ...Whatever


Last night I was watching Entertainment Tonight. They aired a snippet of Oprah’s show featuring Kristie Alley. My stomach knotted up.
Kristi Alley is beautiful lady. Years ago, she gained weight and became a spokesman for Jenny Craig. She lost 75 lbs two years ago and appeared on Oprah in a two piece swim suit. What a major accomplishment.
Entertainment Tonight did an update how she has gained the weight back. The full story will be on Oprah today.
As I watched them talk about Kristi, I thought about myself. I use to hate my weight struggle and I fought soberly to win the badge over bulge. Don’t get it twisted, I was never thin. The smallest I have ever been was a size 16, which took the marine core the army and airforce and navy to stay at.
Name it I dang near did it in the struggle to be thin enough. I did Akins for 8 long months. My hair thinned out and I was dumb as a potato. My brain became a frig’n sponge absorbing nothing. Ha ha. Finally, I gave that up and went on to another billion dollar fight with fat.
I eventually hurt my back during aerobics and a zumba dance class. Doctors diagnosed me (after Xrays and wretched mri and too many dang insurance co-pays) with degenerative joint disease. The pain was relentless and unending.
That year during Christmas, I went to get gifts. As soon as we got into the store, pain crippled me. I was so embarrassed standing in the middle of the store in tears. My sons helped me to the car. My oldest wasn’t much taller than me at the time. I was so lost. Couldn’t exercise. Couldn’t do nothing to battle my bulge other than eat right.
Humph, my body is a pro at weight loss attack. It girts down and buckles up against any attempt to take away fat cells. It loves the extra like net's and flys love watermelon on a hot summer day. It's a heavy weight contender for sure.
I don’t love the extra, but I’ve learned to like me the way I am-que sara sara. I pray to be healty and to make better choices about food, exercises and the whole gambit. I am too broke to spend any more money on fake pills, diet scams and crap that won't work, never can work, will only work on models in pictures that were already thin and marketers found a fat girl that could sorta look like her after shedding a million pounds. Whatever. I the end, life is too short for burdens .
(PS—During National Novel Writing Month 08, I began writing a book regarding these very issues. Soon to Come )

No comments:

Post a Comment