Pages

About Me

My photo
Charlotte, NC, United States
God first life second. I am 37 years old. I am a author and poetess.

Friday, July 10, 2009

Life Lesson froma a card game


Uneventful turns eventful. Playing cards with my family is fun, but I didn’t expect God to show up just like that.

During the first hand of 5000, I only got 10 points. My sister, daughter, and son had several hundred points. We laughed and poked fun at each other. My daughter said, "I hate losing alone. Now, if I am on a team and we lose together it’s okay because we lost as a team– but I can’t lose alone." I’d heard her say that before. I smiled as my sister wrote down the scores, 525, 480, 435, and 10.

I said, "Sometimes life comes and it looks like everybody else is getting ahead and you are stuck behind. But the key is to not look at what others have or don't have. Where you are is just a moment of position. The tides will turn-- they always turn."

The next hand was dealt. Game faces were pronounced in detail across the table. Within minutes, my son won the hand and cooped the remaining points in everybody's hand. My sister and daughter had several hundred points added to their score. Me on the other end earned no added points at all. The scores was tallied and I was still at 10, while the others were bursting the seams at over 1000. My daughter said, "Oh wee, I would be so mad about that."

I smiled and winked my eye. "Just because opportunity comes doesn't mean it's your turn to win. But the key is to hang in there anyway. Play the hand you are dealt to the best of your ability. Stay positive. Laugh some more and keep on moving."

By the end of the game, guess who ended up the winner? Me. I ended the game saying, "I won because of meager beginnings." And what a phenomenal lesson a simple card game gave.....No matter the climb or struggle within, trust God with every heavy situation and circumstance. He is still the God of catching cares. His glove is never frayed or broken. Stay encouraged in the heavy– and move Forward

Real Ministry: VeeVeca www.verbalconquest.net

No comments:

Post a Comment